Our monthly webinar series commences again in June and we invite you to join us. The link will be shared with all HCN members for you to engage in the learning community.
Wednesday 13 June 10am PST
Inner Economics: Cultivating an Empowered Relationship with Money
Join Karen McAllister, Board Chair of Clear Sky Retreat Center and Behavioural Money Coach, for a conversation about money.
- Unravel the mystery of money and learn to understand why it has such a hold on us
- Understand the container of scarcity we all swim in and how money and the brain relate to each other
- Realise that our economic reality is really an inside job
- Understand the importance of making your and your centers unconscious money patterns conscious
- Identify conflicting emotions around the topic of money
We share a few questions for you contemplate in advance
- If money were no obstacle and your center could be or do anything your heart desired, what would that be?
- What is your most profound money memory from your childhood? How might that memory show up in your dialogues with your colleagues at your center?
- In what way does money limit your center from thriving in it’s fullest potential?
About Karen McAllister
Karen helps people and heart-centered organizations achieve their goals by releasing the suffering and tension around their relationship with money. With over ten years’ experience in nonprofit leadership and fund development with Clear Sky Retreat Center, combined with her own path around money, Karen is intimately familiar with the struggles that people and organizations face. From 2014-2016, Karen studied with Lynne Twist, focusing on the global container of toxic assumptions we hold around money that keep us stuck in fear and ignorance.
She was also mentored and trained by Deborah Price of the Money Coaching Institute, whose approach combines psychological principles with practical financial advice. Karen’s deepest influences come from her teachers and the founders of Clear Sky Retreat Center, in British Columbia, Doug Duncan and Catherine Pawasarat.
Through their teachings, Karen has developed a consistent practice of generosity, which is considered the building block of a healthy relationship with money. Karen has lived and worked in Europe, Japan, Brazil, and North America, which has given her a rich cultural and global understanding of money issues.
Karen currently runs a small business called Mindful Money Coaching at Clear Sky Retreat Center alongside her role as Chair of the Board. This small business evolved from her service over the years to the organization and her fierce commitment to a healthy financial bottom line. She attended the 2018 Centers Gathering.
If you haven’t signed up for HCN membership as yet you can do so here. You can then join this call live and access the full webinar series.
Just one person needs to sign up for paid membership on behalf of your center. As we’re a peer based network, your center colleagues can then sign up for free membership and access the webinars etc. too.
We look forward to sharing the learning journey with you!