Group Retreat Sales Manager at Menla Retreat & Healing Spa
Looking for a role that’s more than just a job? Working at Menla means being part of an intimate and vibrant community, working for a meaningful cause, and being in a health-oriented and stunning natural environment. Owned by Tibet House US–the Dalai Lama’s cultural center in America–Menla is a 325-acre non-profit retreat center in the heart of the Catskill Mountains in upstate New York which features spiritual and wellness retreats and a world-class Tibetan healing Spa.
Menla’s Sales Manager cultivates excellent long-term relationships with our regularly returning clients–from a variety of spiritual groups and yoga studios to corporate groups, from environmental and other activist organizations to educational institutions–while also fielding new group inquiries and proactively seeking other new clients to fill in vacancies in our annual calendar. Menla’s Sales Manager & Admin Assistant handles all group retreat bookings, providing information about our facility, guest amenities and activities, and retreat operations while skillfully negotiating contracts for 80+ retreats per year. Working in conjunction with Menla’s Directors and Registrar, the Sales Manager helps ensure maximum earnings potential on 100+ beds and six group meeting spaces.
If you have a passion for sales, excellent attention to detail and interpersonal skills, a talent for financials, scheduling, and organization, as well as a desire to help a non-profit grow, this could be the perfect position for you. Choose from non-residential or residential, as Menla could potentially provide extremely affordable housing plus utilities for the right candidate.
Required Skills Include:
- Talent for sales and strong negotiation skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good sense of financials and ability to price rooms competitively
- Strong logical thinking and the ability to creatively schedule groups and allocate housing
- Ideally at least 5-7 years’ experience in relevant sales job.
- Fielding inquiries and following up on leads for group bookings
- Drafting, closing, and updating group contracts
- Communicating Menla’s offerings, skilfully negotiating dates, rates, and up-selling amenities (spa packages, group classes and experiences, etc)
- Learning Retreat Guru booking software sufficiently to be able to assign room blocks for group rentals
- Invoicing for all group sales, tracking payment schedules, and keeping income-tracking spreadsheet current
- Customer relations and networking
- Oversight of website listings for group rentals
- Generating new leads, especially for mid-week and off-season retreats
- Ensuring group needs are communicated in advance and followed through by Management team
- Group sales income projection reports
- Maintenance of organized files
- Administrative support to Directors as needed
- Annual salary plus commissions on new bookings
- Paid vacation/holiday/sick day package
- Share of staff tips; free shift meals
- Free attendance of Menla-sponsored classes
- Possible extremely affordable on-site housing for the right candidate
Location: 375 Pantherkill Road, Phoenicia, NY 12464 (Catskills in upstate NY)
For more details www.menla.us.
If you have serious interest in the above role please contact email@example.com