Saratoga Springs Retreat Center—located just outside Upper Lake in Northern California—is growing! With new staff, additional structures and upgraded infrastructure, we are seeking a new Facilities Coordinator to be a part of our team to help us improve the property and create a richer experience for our staff and guests.
Facilities Coordinator Job Description
The Facilities Coordinator reports to the Operations Manager. Along with other facilities staff, this person ensures that the property is well maintained, that daily preventive maintenance is performed, that guest events are tended to and that the grounds are attractive and appealing to visitors. The Facilities Coordinator works with staff, vendors and volunteers to complete projects such as deck building, water systems upgrades, landscaping and other moderate to major improvements.
This person also works closely with the Community and Events Director and other staff in supporting the logistical needs of group events. Clear and consistent communication is essential to the success of the position, as is joyful adaptation to the flexible, diverse flow of life at a retreat center.
This is a full-time position with variable work schedules depending on events. Weekend and evening shifts are part of the position. This position requires being onsite at Saratoga Springs for almost all working hours. This is an hourly position, with pay commensurate to experience.
Committed to creating a vital, thriving and sustainable retreat center for our community and beyond.
- Someone who loves fixing things, preparing and maintaining space, and making improvements.
- Flexible in accommodating a wide variety of tasks and are willing to turn your hand to any needs as they arise.
- Self-directed, have a passion for learning and personal development, and love teamwork.
- A key member of the team creating and holding this container of transformation for our guests.
- Chill and maintain a loving, positive presence, even in challenging situations.
- An open communicator with respect for the value and interconnectedness of our staff, guests, vendors and all our stakeholders.
- Enthusiastic for our shared mission.
- Naturally inclusive and kind: Saratoga Springs is a dynamic environment with events representing a diverse population. Your ability to be open and welcoming to this diversity will ensure your success.
Saratoga Springs Retreat Center nurtures personal and collective transformation, celebrates diverse communities, and sustains the natural beauty and resources of our land.
Our team is committed to a tradition of providing transformational experiences to those who spend time at Saratoga Springs. As part of our team, this is a fantastic opportunity to grow your strengths and make your mark.
If interested, please email a cover letter expressing how you might personally benefit from the position, how you would add value to Saratoga Springs and what goals you would like to achieve in your association here. Also include a current resume (in Word or PDF format).