More than just a place to work, The New York Open Center is a community of people dedicated to living and exploring the holistic, socio-ecological, and spiritual values upon which it was founded in 1984. An exciting opportunity exists to join the team.
The Marketing Coordinator is an emerging marketing professional focusing on online marketing, copy-editing & writing, presenter marketing efforts, community engagement, and marketing outreach.
Presenter Marketing Support Responsibilities:
- Coordinate presenter outreach to encourage presenter marketing efforts, provide support, and serve as the Open Center marketing point of contact.
- Initiate contact with presenter in order to provide marketing suggestions, best marketing
practices, and required follow up.
- Coach presenters on use of social media tools and other marketing opportunities.
- Send program flyers to presenters along with distribution best practices.
- Collaborate with program directors to brainstorm presenter marketing ideas.
- Research and manage tracking of presenter marketing and outreach.
Online Marketing Responsibilities:
- Create compelling, engaging content across all social media platforms that best promote the
New York Open Center, our programs and wellness services.
- Monitor presence on social networking sites, social media campaigns, and day-to-day
- Monitor effective benchmarks for social media campaigns and analyze, review, and report on
- Monitor trends in social media tools and applications.
- Assist with the creation, copywriting and distribution of the weekly e-newsletters.
- Work with Marketing Manager to develop, implement and monitor SEO and other tools of
- Edit program descriptions for web pages as well as provide final proofing for format, technical
and general accuracy of program pages.
- Create flyers and other graphic material as needed.
- Distribution of marketing materials within the Open Center venue.
- Manage all marketing materials needed for major events, classes, etc.
- General administration support to marketing department as needed and requested by
- Ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and verbal format.
- Ability to build and maintain positive working relationships.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and work well independently.
- Team player, with the confidence to take the lead and guide other departments when
- Proven track record and ability to self-manage.
- Strong attention to detail.
- A “can-do” attitude.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of social media platforms for business (Facebook, Instagram,
YouTube, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, etc.)
- Experience in WordPress.
- Administrative fluency in tools such as Excel, Word, etc.
- Strong graphic art skills (Adobe Creative Suite).
- Relevant business/marketing degree is a bonus and helpful.
- A sincere appreciation of holistic studies and wellness practices.
- Availability to attend events outside of business hours occasionally.
How To Apply
Please submit cover letter and resume.
Salary: $35,000 – $40,000 (based upon experience)
Click here to view the job listing via the Open Center website.