Bethlehem Centre is a not for profit retreat and conference centre, with a goal of sharing its vision of “Spirituality without Borders”. We seek to fill the position of Director. We seek a candidate who will work with staff and volunteers and lead collaboratively.
Bethlehem Centre, situated by Westwood Lake in Nanaimo on Vancouver Island, has a long history, since 1987, as a place of hospitality and of spiritual practice. The Centre offers diverse programs which are in accordance with its charitable status mandate. It encourages organizations, groups, and individuals to come to the Centre as a place to explore their spiritual paths. We seek an individual who can promote the Centre and who shares our passion for the environment and our guests.
We seek a qualified professional with experience at a senior management level in non-profit and/or for-profit organizations. While work experience is important, we are also seeking a candidate that has an understanding/experience in spiritual practice, and can wholeheartedly embrace the Centre’s vision, mission and values.
The Centre requires a candidate who can meet challenges effectively, as it develops and seeks to offer support both as a conference and retreat centre and as a service to some participants as a residential experience for a day or evening.
Management Leadership style: The candidate will interact with the board, staff and guests with respect, and without regard to race, gender identity, cultural ethnicity, or religious values. This person understands that their leadership style is to enable and support all staff to successfully meet the vision and values of the Bethlehem Centre.
- To be a critical link to and liaise with the public, staff and board
- To act as an ex-officio, non-voting member, and recording secretary of the board
- To report financial, programming, staff updates and facility management needs in a timely manner
- To offer recommendations for meeting and changing long range planning goals
- To support and provide a collaborative working environment with all staff
- To take an effective leadership role in guiding the Centre to financial sustainability
To apply for the position of Director of Bethlehem Centre please apply by August 27, 2019, and include:
- A letter of intent
- Personal data and contact information
- Education and relevant volunteer work and management experience
- Work history, present employment, and three references
All expressions of interest and resumes should be directed to Gerald Herkel, Chair of the Board of Directors, Bethlehem Centre email@example.com