Hollyhock exists to inspire, nourish, and support people who are making the world better. We host about 100 programs and conferences each year on our Cortes Island campus and in Vancouver, BC; immersing our staff in a culture of connection, personal growth, and progressive social change. An exciting opportunity exists to join the programming team.
Position: Program Coordinator
Reports to: Program Planning Manager
Start Date: March 2020
Hours and Location: Full-time, Year-Round, in Vancouver
Salary: $42,000 per year plus benefits
The Hollyhock Vancouver office is a shared work space in the heart of Gastown, on the traditional territories of the of the Coast Salish peoples–Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), Stó:lō and Səl̓ílwətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) and xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam) Nations.
We believe that a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve strengthens our ability to achieve our mission. We strongly encourage applicants of all genders, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, sexual orientations, abilities, and with a range of life experiences to apply. Please feel free to state any aspects of your identity that may contribute to diversity in our workforce in your cover letter, so we can prioritize your application.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Hollyhock program team is responsible for the careful curation of a diverse cross-section of world-class, innovative programming at our Cortes Island campus and in Vancouver. You are a born organizer. You love to see ideas through to implementation, get excited about tracking details in Google Sheets, and if there’s not a smooth process established, you want to create one! You don’t mind being a behind-the-scenes logistics whiz, but also know when to step forward and take charge with confidence. You care deeply about working with a team and culture that values openness, inclusiveness, collaboration, courage and vulnerability.
- Researching thought leaders, new and innovative themes for programs
- Managing program submissions and first round of vetting
- Creating year-ahead planning calendar and keeping up-to-date
- Collecting presenter information and tracking administrative details
- Managing program-related web content (program pages in WordPress)
- Rolling information over to Production / Operations team on Cortes – key contact for presenter needs, registration details
- Producing Vancouver (and other urban-based) programming – venue research, logistics coordinator, participant point-of-contact, presenter liaison, volunteer manager, invoice and budget tracker
- Supporting Hollyhock Conferences with production and planning tasks as needed
- Coordinating with Communications team on catalogue creation, support for program marketing, community partnerships
- Coordinating with Guest Services team on registration process and guest inquiries
- Coordinating with Fundraising team on development-related requests and coordination
- Creating and populating online program pages for workshops, conferences, trainings
- Drafting and tracking presenter contracts
- Supporting non-domestic presenters with tax-related documentation
- Compiling presenter and program feedback for evaluation and reporting
- Tracking, codifying, collecting and managing details is one of your favourite things to do
- Confident juggler of multiple tasks, with composure
- Quick thinker and easy adaptor to ever-changing environment
- Experience with event planning and production an asset
- Natural and direct communicator
- Graceful at wrangling responses from hard-to-reach people with demanding schedules
- Adept at handling tricky circumstances or challenging conversations
- Relationship-first, service-oriented approach – not shy to go above and beyond, but also knows when to say no
- Shows good judgment and intuition in situations that may not have a clear solution
- Thrives in a culture built on distributed leadership, accountability, equity, and delivering an exceptional program experience
- Technologically inclined – google suite, wordpress, asana, slack, hubspot
- Available to work some flex hours (e.g. evenings/weekends) – 1 to 2 times a month from Apr-Jun, and Sep-Nov – due to Vancouver program production
This position is open until it is filled. Please submit your application as soon as possible. Interviews will start early February 2020, with a targeted start date in the month of March. Apply by emailing email@example.com with your resume and cover letter. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
For more info click here https://hollyhock.ca/jobs/