Hollyhock creates, curates, and hosts inspiring, meaningful experiences that provide both the inner and outer skills for personal development and social transformation. Our oceanfront Cortes Island campus in British Colombia, Canada rests in the traditional territories of the KIahoose, Tla’amin, Homalco Nations; and as the current stewards of this land, we are committed to renewing our relationships with these First Nations peoples.
Our vision is to achieve a future where people live in right relations with ourselves, each other, and the natural world; understanding that these are intricately connected. We host over 100 programs each year, immersing our staff in a culture of connection, honesty, trust, and authenticity.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our Guest Service department is the support hub for our guests, presenters, staff and residents. Offering guidance from the initial reservation before they arrive and throughout their stay on campus. Hollyhock utilizes our online reservations system Retreat Guru for record keeping.
The Guest Service Manager provides supervision, encouragement, training and role modeling for our Guest Service, Registration and Housekeeping departments. You will be the department contact for the campus.
You will glide through a fast-paced environment, with connected communication and thorough follow up. You have a genuine enthusiasm towards our guests and have a positive impact on their experience at Hollyhock.
- Enhance positive culture in Guest Services and throughout the Campus
- Lead guest resolution support
- Set departmental objectives, work schedules, budgets, policies, and procedures
- Recruit, interview, and train new Guest Service, Registration, and Housekeeping staff
- Facilitate group meetings and discussions
- Maintain good communication and working relationships with all departments
- Manager on duty when Campus Director is off island
- Registration by email, telephone, and in person
- Conduct guest check-in and check-out
- Provide info about the services available in the community and surrounding areas
- Monitor the appearance, standards, and performance of the Guest Service Team
- Maximize room occupancy ensuring rates are obtained
- Accountability for cleanliness and safety standards
- Allocation of all rooms to include special requests and any other requirements
- Assist with other departments, as necessary
Please apply by sending your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
This position is open until it is filled. Please get your application in as soon as possible. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.