Hours: Full time position, 37.5h/week
Location: Based at Cluny Hill, Forres, Scotland
Salary: indicative Band B
We are inviting applicants to apply for a staff position within the Findhorn Foundation, for the role of Head Chef with overall responsibility for catering across the whole of the Foundation. Following reopening, after being paused for two years, this is an exciting opportunity to join a new team to re- welcome our guests.
You will be based at Cluny Hill, where our main kitchen is situated, providing food for the household and guests there, and also providing food for guests at the Findhorn Foundation Park campus (ten minutes away). Our food philosophy focuses on a mainly vegetarian diet providing a balanced and nutritious menu to our guests and staff.
The post holder is expected to be part of the focus team, which ensures smooth running of the Cluny campus. We also expect the holder of this post to be aligned with the spiritual impulse of the Findhorn Foundation and committed to embodying our spiritual core principles in daily life.
- Direct the food philosophy of the Findhorn Foundation. This includes a mainly vegetarian food profile, sustainable practices as well as providing a balanced and nutritional meal plan for guests, students and staff, including designing new recipes.
- Ensure quality and on-time delivery of food, both in Cluny and to Park Campus, including scheduling of staff and meeting operational and financial objectives.
- Hiring and training kitchen staff, such as cooks and food preparation workers.
- Create a welcoming ambiance, educate and lead the kitchen team of staff and volunteers.
- Implementation of policies to meet all local and national food and beverage safety requirements, licensing and certification.
- 5+ years of experience in a similar position
- Formal culinary education
- Exceptional communication and team working
- Flexibility, ability to step in where needed
- Leadership skills, ability to set boundaries and give feedback
- Knowledge of HR management in a culinary environment
- Hold a full UK driving license
Click here to view Role Profile.
Are you interested in this position but don’t have all the pre-requisite skills? Send us your CV and covering letter anyway explaining how you feel you could contribute to the future of the Findhorn Foundation.
To apply: Please send your CV and cover letter of no more than 2 pages indicating how you fit the requirements, to email@example.com.
Closing date: 9am Monday 29th August 2022.