Welcome to CentersNetwork.org!
We at Breitenbush Eco Fund d/b/a Holistic Centers Network (“HCN”, “we”, or “us”) are excited to share CentersNetwork.org (“Website”) with you (“you” refers to the viewer or user of the Website). HCN operates to create an online space where holistic centers from around the world can connect, communicate, and collaborate.
Data Controller & Data Processor
A data controller is a natural or legal person, public authority, agency, or other entity that determines the purposes and means for the processing of personal information. HCN is the data controller for this Website and, as such, HCN is responsible for protecting the personal information that you share through the Website.
What Information We May Collect About You
In furtherance of HCN’s effort to provide you with a positive and memorable experience on this Website, HCN may collect and request personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”) from you. In furtherance of HCN’s respect for your privacy, HCN will collect only the minimum amount of information needed to fulfill its obligations to you and satisfy HCN’s legitimate business needs. While you browse the Website, make purchases, provide comments, register for HCN related events, or subscribe to HCN’s mailing list, HCN may request and/or collect any of the following Personal information:
- Your name – It is important for HCN to be able to build a relationship with its Website users, members, and clients. HCN collects your name because a name helps build and foster relationships;
- Your email address – Email is HCN’s primary method of communicating with you. HCN will use your email address according to the type of consent you provided when sharing your email address with us. For example, if you check a box requesting to be added to HCN’s mailing list, HCN will send you emails containing newsletters and blog posts;
- Your phone number – HCN will only collect and use your phone number if you provide it to us, and if the telephone is your preferred way to communicate with us. For example, if you call HCN to submit an inquiry, HCN will return your inquiry using the phone number you provide to us. We will never use your phone number to make telemarketing phone calls;
- Your mailing address – Although most of HCN’s communications will be delivered via email, HCN may collect and use your mailing address for limited purposes such as completing payment transactions or delivering purchases;
- Your billing information including, but not limited to, credit card information – Your billing information will be collected by HCN’s third-party merchant services provider so that they may process your payment transaction under contractual terms. HCN does not see or save credit card information. The third-party merchant service providers may store billing information as needed for recurring payments;
- Social media postings, comments, and reviews – HCN may use social media information, comments and/or reviews that you post on this Website or HCN’s social media pages for testimonials and market research purposes;
- Survey responses – HCN may create surveys using Survey Monkey to gather information from you. Participation in surveys is voluntary. HCN uses information from the survey to tailor and create events, courses, content, and other offerings;
- Photographs and/or videos – HCN may use photos and videos of you that are taken at HCN events and/or those photos and videos that you share with us through our Website and social media pages for testimonials, marketing, and market research purposes;
- Additional information – When registering for HCN offerings and events, HCN may request information geared towards tailoring aspects of the event or offering specifically to you. This additional information may include dietary preferences, topics of interest, room preferences, information about centers you may be affiliated with, and any other information you choose to include. Note: this additional information is thoughtfully considered whenever possible; however, it is not taken as a guarantee; and
- HCN may use any information you directly provide through our Website or when emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HCN will collect, use, and process the above Personal Information according to your consent and/or in furtherance of HCN’s legitimate business interests. If you have questions regarding the Personal Information HCN has collected, wish to opt-out from receiving further communication from HCN, and/or wish to delete any or all of your Personal Information from HCN’s database, please email your request at email@example.com and HCN will be happy to work with you to fulfill your request. HCN wants to ensure you are comfortable with the information you provide.
In order to maintain the Website and improve user experience, HCN may collect Technical Information, including, but not limited to, information about how you use the Website, your computer’s unique IP address, browser information, pages you visit, your navigation paths, the amount of time you spend visiting a particular page, your opt-in/opt-out preferences, your time zone, and your time of access. HCN may use your Technical Information to share it with HCN’s administration, marketing, web, and advertising teams, and web development teams in furtherance of efforts to properly administer the Website, optimize your future Website experiences, and further HCN’s offerings.
Comments, Media and Uploads
When you leave comments or on the Website, HCN collects the data shown in the comments form, the commenter’s IP address, and browser user agent string to help spam detection. Your comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
If you upload images or other items to the Website, avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the Website can download and extract any metadata in images or items you upload to the Website.
HCN uses third-party vendors such as Google which use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions as they relate to the Website. You can opt-out of Google Analytics tracking by using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
How We Collect Your Information
All Personal Information collected through the Website will come directly from you. HCN collects information from you when you enter information on the Website. Different ways you may input information include, but are not limited to, joining as a member, subscribing to the mailing list, registering for events, posting comments, making a donation or purchase, filling out a form or otherwise entering information on the Website. When entering information on the Website, you are voluntarily choosing to provide HCN with Personal Information. Your choice to share your information through this Website will empower HCN to serve and communicate with you based on the choices you make while using this Website.
HCN reserves the right to access and collect information from third-parties such as advertising networks, analytics providers, payment and delivery services, and referral partners.
You may be wondering what exactly is a “cookie.” When HCN uses the term “cookies” HCN is referring to small files of information that act as computer ID tags. Cookies are created when you use your web browser to access a website that utilizes cookies features to keep track of your movements within the website, assist you to pick up where you left, remember your registered login, preferences, and other customization functions. These cookies/ID tags are stored on your computer’s browser directory and/or hard drive.
If you have an account and you log in to this Website, HCN will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser. When you log in, HCN will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices.
NOTICE: If you choose to disable cookies on your web browser, some parts of the Website may not function properly, may become inaccessible, and/or may diminish your experience on this Website.
How We May Use Your Information
You may be wondering, now that HCN has collected my information, what does HCN do with it? In furtherance of our value of privacy, HCN pledges to collect only the minimum amount of information needed to effectively serve you and operate our organization. HCN may use the information collected from you to:
- Provide newsletters and blog updates,
- Notify you of upcoming events, fundraising campaigns, and share other informational materials;
- Share information with event venues as it related to events in which you are registered to participate;
- Send you marketing information in accordance with applicable law;
- Share in a directory or listserv related to a live event or webinar participation;
- Process payment transactions when you purchase from HCN;
- Process orders and deliver purchases to your physical address or email address;
- Process registrations and send related information to your email account;
- Deliver Website content to you, such as webinars and downloadable content;
- Communicate with you regarding updates to your purchases or registrations;
- Reply to inquiries sent to HCN;
- Track your use of the Website for analysis and statistical purposes;
- Personalize and improve the Website and online services;
- Keep communications records;
- Keep records of orders, registrations, and related communications;
- Comply with legal obligations and use in legal proceedings;
- Share with HCN’s third-party service providers such as our newsletter and email marketing provider, merchant services provider, and delivery services provider;
- Create and run social media advertisements;
- Acquire professional advice and/or services (ex: accounting, insurance, and legal services); and
- Any legitimate business purpose with the foremost objective being to ensure you have an optimal experience with HCN and this Website!
How We Process Your Information
In furtherance of our intention to respect your privacy and to abide by all applicable laws and regulations, HCN will only process your information based on one or more of the following legal grounds for data processing:
- Consent. HCN may process your information if you have given clear and affirmative consent to do so. For example, if you have checked a box requesting to stay notified about upcoming HCN events and community news, HCN will store and utilize the information you have provided to us (email address, mailing address, etc.) to fulfill your request. Generally, you will be asked if you agree (consent) to receive communications about a specific topic or for a specific purpose at the time you provide HCN with your email address (“opt-in”). If for some reason you provide your email to via a method that does not include a feature for you to affirmatively opt-in, such as sending an email, you agree that by providing your email address, you are completing an opt-in and that you will be responsible for notifying HCN if you wish to opt-out of receiving future communications from us.
- Performing a Contract. HCN will collect and process your information when and where it is necessary to enter into a contractual relationship with you and/or to perform a contractual obligation for you. For example, if you purchase an offering or register for an event, HCN will process your mailing address and email information in order to deliver products, information, or access about the offering or event.
- Legitimate Business Interest. HCN reserves the right to process the information you have shared if there is a legitimate business interest in doing so. For example, if you previously sent the HCN support team an email requesting information about an event, and HCN subsequently changed details about the event, then HCN may process your email information to send you an email for the business purpose of notifying you of the new information. Additionally, HCN may process your Technical Information in order to analyze your use of the Website, administer and protect our Website, and/or to deliver new and relevant content to you. HCN’s legitimate interests for processing the above stated Technical Information would be to continue improving Website experience and to evolve its offering to you.
Confidentiality and Security of Information
HCN does NOT sell your information to third parties. HCN does not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Information. This does not include website hosting partners, HCN’s service providers, and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Occasionally, HCN may have to disclose your information in special cases or to rectify issues related to:
- Maintaining or fixing IT and administration services;
- Enforcing HCN policies and contracts;
- Assisting professional service providers such as accountants, lawyers, and insurers;
- Fulfilling disclosure requests from parties in a lawsuit or other legal proceeding;
- our rights and/or the rights of others;
- Protecting and defending HCN’s rights, property, and safety, as well as the rights, property or safety of others;
- As is permitted or required by applicable law.
Even though HCN (and HCN’s trusted third-party service providers) pledge to protect your information, HCN cannot guarantee that your information will always be secure. This is because of the simple fact that the Internet is not a 100% secure environment. When browsing and transacting on the Internet, there is some level of inherent risk that an unauthorized party may find a way to gain unauthorized access to your information. Please take note that email communications are not always encrypted and should not be assumed to be secure. In the event HCN discovers or suspects that an information breach has occurred, HCN will use the information you have provided to notify you. Additionally, HCN will notify other regulatory bodies and/or other parties as required under applicable legal requirements.
How we protect your data
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. All credit card transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on HCN servers.
The length of time HCN will retain information you share will depend upon the purposes for which you provided such information as well as the purpose(s) for which HCN collected such information. Generally, HCN retains your information for the minimum amount of time necessary to satisfy the purpose HCN collected the information in the first place. Additionally, HCN may retain your information for a longer period of time in order to satisfy any legal, accounting, or other legally required reporting requirements.
For research and statistical purposes, HCN may make your information anonymous and retain this information indefinitely without further notice to you. If HCN retains information for these purposes, it will no longer be personally traceable to you.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so HCN can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue. If you register on the website, HCN will store the personal information you provided. You can see, edit, or delete your personal information at any time (except you cannot change your username). Website administrators can also see and edit your personal information. If you would like your information deleted, please contact HCN.
Your Rights and Options
While HCN sincerely appreciates you providing information that enables HCN to keep operations running smoothly, HCN understand and respect your information and privacy rights. When it comes to your Personal Information, you have the right to:
- Be informed about the Personal Information HCN holds about you and access a copy of your Personal Information;
- Request an exported file of the Personal Information HCN holds about you, including a description about how HCN uses such information;
- Ensure your Personal Information is accurate and correct, change, update or otherwise rectify your Personal Information as it changes;
- Restrict further processing and use of your Personal Information;
- Withdraw your consent to further processing and use of your Personal Information;
- Request an authorized transfer of your Personal Information;
- File a complaint or objection with the applicable data privacy authority in your country if you think HCN is unlawfully collecting, using, or processing your Personal Information;
- Not to be subject to automated decision making and profiling; and
- Delete all Personal Information from HCN’s electronic databases.
These rights may not cover any data HCN may be obliged to keep for administrative, contractual, legal, or security purposes.
If any Personal Information you provide to HCN changes, it is your responsibility to notify HCN so that your information may be updated in HCN’s system(s) (including the removal of outdated information). If you would like to inquire about your Personal Information that is stored in our records, please contact HCN with your request at firstname.lastname@example.org. There is no fee to access your information, however, HCN does reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee if your request is without merit, excessive, or repetitive. Additionally, you may email HCN to request that your Personal Information be updated or correct any factual errors that you believe may exist regarding your information.
Periodically, HCN may use information you have provided us to contact you to confirm that the information HCN has for you is current.
HCN is here to work with you. If you encounter a less than optimal situation, or if you are unhappy with your experience on this Website, HCN would be grateful if you could reach out first and provide an opportunity to resolve the issue(s) at hand. HCN will be more than happy to work with you to rectify your concerns.
HCN strives to apply high standards of data protection for your benefit. This includes striving to comply and abide with General Data Protection Regulations and other relevant data protection regulations. It is important to keep in mind that data protection laws vary by state and by country, and while HCN is doing its best, it cannot make any guarantees.
If you wish to stop receiving emails from HCN, please follow the instructions at the bottom of each email and HCN will promptly remove you from the mailing list. Please note, however, that if you have created an account or directory listing on this site we may still need to contact you on occasion for issues relating to your account or listing details. If you choose to opt-out of the mailing list, this opt-out does not remove or apply to information you provided to HCN from other instances such as online purchases, event registration, “contact us” inquiries.
Holistic Centers Network
Breitenbush Eco Fund
585 Tower Drive
Salem, Oregon 97304
+1 971 208 3495