Are you ready for a fulfilling professional role at the heart of an organization with a long-term vision of stewardship and a mission to support people making the world better? Do you have the skills and enthusiasm to manage a 24/7, 48-acre facility and a dedicated team? We seek an outstanding individual to lead our Cortes Island Campus operations in beautiful BC. Our General Manager will be responsible for the overall and diverse guest experience. This is a full-time, year round position.
You are a seasoned professional with an inspired, “yes” outlook. Gifted at weaving vision and operations, you enjoy one foot in the big picture and the other in daily details. The intensity of seasonal rhythms suits you, and you’re an inspired leader of a strong, interdependent team. To you, growing roots in a rural, BC island community sounds like paradise.
Hollyhock is a premier educational and cultural institution providing lifelong learning opportunities that promote engaged citizenship, leadership skills, creative expression, and social innovation on scale with the challenges of today. With more than 30 years’ experience in delivering transformational and educational programs, Hollyhock is a leading organization and venue for everyday change makers.
- Lead the operations team to deliver high-quality guest services in support of 100+ Cortes Campus programs, conferences and events each year
- Foster Hollyhock’s stellar, international reputation for unique, high-calibre guest service
- Creatively manage resources organization-wide, maximizing gain and minimizing loss
- Manage a complex budget
- Lead and inspire a strong operational management team
- Implement and maintain effective operational policies that support and empower staff
- Maintain vibrant staff community culture – building trust, respect and communication
- Integrate Board-directed stewardship vision into the long-term planning and day-to-day maintenance of the facilities
- Innovate and implement an ongoing facilities sustainability plan
- Assess and address day-to-day facility needs
- Build and maintain excellent relationships in the community
- You are organized and meticulous
- You excel at inspiring and empowering those you manage to do their best work
- 5+ years management experience in the hospitality industry
- 5+ years managing and motivating teams to accomplish ambitious goals
- 5+ years in sales, finance, HR, facilities, registration and guest services leadership
- Applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada
- Send resume, letter of interest and two references via email to email@example.com